Monday, December 08, 2008

Linn Park


Took a walk to Linn Park today. This is the second largest park in Glasgow, full of history and wildlife. It is the location of Cathcart Castle and the viewpoint where Mary Queen of Scots watched the battle of Langside before fleeing to England. It was a soft day and the 1.5 mile walk is one I should have made sooner. The park is huge with the river Cart flowing through. Birds include the usual mallard, wren, tits, robin, sparrowhawk even a dipper was spotted. Light was at a minimum so didn't get many shots. However on the walk home along the river a kingfisher was glimpsed in the dusk, the second time I've seen one on the river!

1 comment:

Jane said...

What a nice photo and interesting details of this lovely park, where I have never been. When I move back to Scotland, one of the things I want to do is to visit all (or, at least, most,) of the Glasgow Parks as I know so few of them.